Images of teaching in Denmark
- Visiting teachers’ course August 26-27
Saturday August 26
9.00 Welcome to the visiting teachers’ programme !
- The National Innovative Center for General Education (SPF) and Danish Center for Culture and Development (DCCD) welcome all the visiting teachers and give a brief introduction to the course, which lies ahead of us.
9.45 Coffee break
10.00 The Danish “Folkeskole” in general
- Lotte Nielsen (Municipality of Birkerød, Development Consultant in the educational sphere) introduces the Danish folkeskole – ideals, goals, and means, and relations with the Danish society.
11.00 Teaching in the Danish “Folkeskole”
Ms. Saida A. Mahdoub, who was born and raised in Morocco shares her thoughts and experiences on being a teacher in the Danish Folkeskole. Which values are alike, which ones are not? What is it like to teach and work with Danish pupils and Danish pupils with various ethnicities?
12.30 Lunch break
13.30 Group work as a means to communication
Visiting teachers will work on their own presentations of their countries and cultures – in groups.
15.00 Coffee break
15.15 Group work presentations
- The groups present the results of their group work.
16.00 “ID” – Images and Dialogue
- SPF demonstrates the ID virtual platform – a project for communication between students from Middle Eastern countries and Denmark.
- Traditional Danish dinner
Evening Coffee and get-together
- About Images of the Middle East. Ms. Anne Rasmussen will speak about the aims and themes of Images of the Middle East, which the visiting teachers’ programme is an important part of.
Sunday August 27
9.00 Group work
Define and discuss what you think are important themes of the Images of the Middle East programme. Discuss ways to communicate the themes to the pupils at Danish schools.
10.15 Coffee break
10.30 Group work presentations
11.00 When pupils have a saying…
Frederikke Flagstad from 9th grade at Margretheskolen in Roskilde, head of pupil council, about democracy and participation in the decision making process.
12.00 Lunch break
12.45 Questions and practical information
Tune Landboskole (Tune Course Centre)
DK - 2670 Greve
Tel. (+45) 43 41 03 70
Fax: (+45) 43 61 06 79